Candidates for admission to the MBA programme must fulfill the following criteria:
- Holder of a recognized first-cycle Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of studies or a recognized equivalent from a professional body. (Certified copy of degree, transcripts, or a letter of award is to be submitted);
- Reference letter from two employers or from one employer plus one academic reference.
- Professional Experience – A minimum of three years professional experience in administrative positions is preferable and will be given priority.
All equivalents to the above must be appropriately documented and will be examined by the Academic Committee.
All applicants are required to conduct an interview with the Academic Committee.
English Language Requirement
Applicants whose first language is not English are expected to meet our requirements for English language proficiency which are clearly set below. Graduates of English speaking Programmes are considered eligible for admission without any additional English language evidence. Non-native English speaking candidates will be required to present one of the following certificates:
- TOEFL with grade 550
- GCEOL with minimum grade C,
- IELTS minimum grade 5.5
- Lyceum Apolyterion English language minimum grade 16/20 (Cypriot Candidates only)
- Any other equivalent certificate.
Candidates without the sufficient English language requirements will have the opportunity to take the College’s preparatory English Examination.
Admission based on Experience
We will consider applications from individuals with at least 5 years of managerial experience but no first degree. Evidence of alternative professional development and achievement must be submitted with the application.
If a candidate is not a holder of a recognized 1stcycle degree, his/her professional qualifications and administrative work experience (during the last five years) may exceptionally be sufficient in studying for the MBA. The applicant must include a Personal Statement (of maximum 1000 words) responding in a clear and detailed manner to a set of questions:
- Why have you decided to undertake an MBA at this point in your career? (150 words maximum).
- Why have you chosen to study an MBA at Alexander College? (150 words maximum).
- What knowledge, personal qualities and skills would you bring to this course? (150 words maximum).
- What do you intend to do after you have completed this course? (150 words maximum).
- Please describe your past experience within organisations, including paid work, voluntary work, family business, entrepreneur projects, etc. In particular, please focus on projects where you have collaborated with other people or institutions or organisations (300 words maximum).